Looking for the best Google Play Store alternative from where you can download Android apps that are not normally available on the Play Store? Then you must check out 9Apps.
9Apps is an independent Android play store for which you don’t need a Google account. To install 9Apps on your mobile phone, you can simply download the APK file. Once the alternative to Google Play Store is installed on your mobile device, through it you can download and install all the apps available in the store. It is not just any other app. 9Apps has been developed and launched by the Alibaba Group. Through this app you can download unlimited media content including movies, wallpapers, games and of course, apps.
Why install 9Apps on your mobile device for Android apps?
Aside from the fact that 9Apps lists more than 10 million apps according to the last count, one of the biggest advantages of installing 9Apps is that you don’t have to completely depend on Google. If you solely depend on Google for your Android app, you have to always comply with its various rules, often constraining and totally centered around its revenue model.
On the other hand, if you use 9Apps, you’re no longer confined to the Google Play Store ecosystem.
Another benefit is that you don’t need to log into your Google account to be able to use Android apps. A big problem with downloading Android apps from Google Play Store is that you need a Google account. Due to various reasons, many people don’t want to have a Google account (because then Google begins tracking everything you do on the net) but if a Google Play Store alternative is not available, they have no other option but to log in into a Google account and then download the Android apps they want to use or need to use. If you download and install 9Apps, this is no longer the case.
9Apps package information
Salient benefits of downloading 9Apps:
- Small-sized, free APK file, just 3.6 MB
- Fast downloading of Android files even on slow Internet connection
- The Android apps work on all Android phones
- The apps offered through 9Apps are constantly being updated
- The interface is completely easy-to-use
- No need to have a Google account
- You can download apps like Vidmate which are not available on Google Play Store
- Wide range of apps available – more than 10 million
How to download and install 9Apps on your mobile phone
There are various sources available on the Internet from where you can download 9Apps onto your mobile device. You will need to download an APK file. Just make sure that an updated version of 9Apps is available from the source. If you don’t want to look around, you can straightaway download the APK file for your 9Apps installation from here.
The 9Apps App Store can be installed on Android, iOS and Windows Mobile phones. Below we have listed the various steps needed to download and install 9Apps on your particular mobile phone.
Installing 9Apps on Android mobile phone
- Download the 9Apps APK file from either 9Apps.com or somewhere else and save it somewhere on your mobile phone.
- You may have to change Settings in your Android phone so that you are able to install Android apps from “Unknown Sources”:
- On your mobile phone, go to “Settings”
- Go to “Security”
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” option
- Go back to the folder where you have downloaded and saved the 9Apps APK file. Tap on it and it will install.
Once 9Apps is installed, you can either use its home screen to look for the apps you want to install or you can use the search function to find the app you need.
Installing 9Apps on your iOS mobile phone like iPhone
Most of the useful apps on iOS and App Store are premium apps and you have to pay for them. This is why, a big benefit of downloading and installing 9Apps on your iPhone is that you will be able to use exceptional-quality apps on your iPhone without having to pay for these apps. Here are the steps needed to install 9Apps on your iOS device:
- Go to 9Apps.com from your iOS phone
- Tap on the download link
- Your iPhone or iPad will request that you either choose the jailbreak version all the non-escape version – choose the most appropriate version for your device
- Tap the installation icon
- Once the app is installed on your iOS device you will be able to use all the apps available in the 9Apps App Store
Installing 9Apps on your Windows Mobile phone
Installing 9Apps App Store on your Windows Mobile phone is a straightforward process
- Just like you did it on your Android phone, go to the Security section and set your phone to be able to install apps from unknown sources.
- Go to 9Apps.com and download the APK file and save it somewhere on your mobile phone.
- Go to the folder where you have saved the APK file.
- The App Store is installed on your Windows Mobile phone.
How to use 9Apps to find and install your favourite Android mobile apps
Once you have installed the 9Apps App Store, the icon will appear on your mobile screen. Tap the icon and you will get the 9Apps home screen. The home screen has all the mainstream apps, mobile games, videos and music streams organised under the appropriate categories. You can simply go to the appropriate category and download the media that you want to download or you can use the search function.
If you have been using the Google Play Store for a while you will find using 9Apps very easy, but if you’re using it for the first time, it is like any other App Store. The apps appear with the title, the description, the rating and a Download button. People can also leave reviews so that you can decide which app to download and install on your Android phone.
So, go ahead and download and install 9Apps on your Android phone today.